We are seeking highly motivated engineers who thrive on tackling challenging problems and enjoy working in a dynamic and rapidly growing organization. The Senior Electrical Engineer/PM will play a key role in mentoring, guiding, and collaborating with a seasoned team of Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, and CAD staff on public works projects. These projects typically involve Pumping Stations, Lift Stations, Water and Wastewater Treatment plants, Standby Power Generator Systems, Switchgear, and MCC. Position must work 5 days a week out of an office in Houston, TX BUT up to 10k provided for relocation assistance. Salary between 140-160k, company stock (vests over 5 year period) and 401k w/matching and excellent benefits.
– Assume a technical leadership role with client-facing and design delivery responsibilities.
– Lead the development of advanced Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) system designs for multiple small to medium scale projects, ensuring compliance with NEC codes.
– Mentor junior staff and assistant PMs in design and workflow management of electrical and instrumentation projects in the midstream sector.
– Develop calculations for utility services, standby power generation, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, conduit and cable schedules, and electrical system design.
– Work across the entire electrical project execution lifecycle, from initial concept development to detailed final design and construction phase.
– Perform quality checks on designs to ensure compliance with safety-first design practices and NEC codes.
– Lead small teams of electrical engineers across multiple concurrent projects as a senior project manager.
– Utilize familiarity with ETAP and/or SKM software.
Required Skills & Qualifications
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on power or a related field.
– Mandatory PE (Electrical) license.
– Deep knowledge of NEC codes.
– Minimum of twenty (20) years of post-graduate experience in designing electrical/instrumentation (E&I) systems for public works projects.
– Proven experience in independently representing an employer in front of clients and permitting authorities.
– Expertise in instrumentation and preparation of specifications and datasheets for procurement assistance.
– Strong technical writing and communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to build strong working teams with both fellow employees and clients.