We are seeking a SCADA Engineer for a high-growth, leading company in the renewables space. This position is a crucial role in our company and provides continued growth, an opportunity to work for a product leader, great career advancement potential, competitive compensation, and phenomenal benefits and perks.
This is a hybrid role in the Austin, Texas area and relocation assistance would be provided for candidates moving to the Austin area.
· Develop and maintain SCADA systems for the control and operation of renewable energy systems.
· Develop and maintain substation RTU configurations (SEL RTAC).
· Develop and maintain and support the communications and reliability of site MET Towers and Data Loggers.
· Configure various SCADA system elements.
· Develop SCADA / communication points list for various components using different communication protocols such as Modbus TCP/IP and DNP3.
· Maintain programmable logic control (PLC) systems, and communication interfaces required to operate renewable generating facilities, solar & battery storage.
· Provide off-hour support for emergencies and major system events affecting the capability to run generation assets.
· Provide site-based support for routine and emergency situations affecting the capability to run generation assets.
· Work within a global team environment on process improvements.
· Manage small teams and technical projects involving contractors.
· Support project engineering in preparing and evaluating technical design drawings, specifications, technical requirements, and operational specifications for project and product-related items.
· Support the development of complex designs to include all requisite documentation such as one-lines, three-lines, physical plan-views, physical elevations, grounding, schematics, wiring diagrams, bills of material, schedules, points list, SCADA, and communication drawings, etc.
· Support installation and commissioning of our equipment both remotely and in the field.
· Support product development of BESS and EMS systems for clients.
· Provide operational support for operational projects post-COD.
· Participate and lead meetings with customers to include project development, project review and periodic meetings.
· Coordinate with clients to obtain relevant project information.
· Communicate and support clients’ decision-making in the energy transition by providing strategic insights.
· Collaborate with the team while driving profitability, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
· Partner with other members of the commissioning teams to enhance our brand and provide added value to the customer.
· Support strategic accounts by partnering with sales, and work with Operations to enhance our technical value to the customer.
· Identify opportunities and ventures into new territory, and work with leaders to develop these opportunities.
· Estimated Travel: up to 10%
What’s in it for you |?|?|?|
· competitive salaries (base salary + bonus + relocation assistance))
· 401K with a match (4% match)
· flexible work schedule
· maternity/paternity leave
· medical and dental insurance (100% Full cost paid by employer)
· Annual laptop stipend
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3 years or more of professional experience programming SEL systems, RTAC’s and substation automation through SEL relays.
- 4 years (Specialist) or 7 years (Senior Specialist) professional experience in power automation systems and SCADA. Experience with wind or solar/storage plants preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in electric power generation, generation management, and automatic generation control.
- Experience developing SCADA / communication points lists using various communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP3, etc.
- Experience with PLC and logic control of utility systems.
- Experience with protection, metering, and substation equipment.
- Experience in the development of SCADA HMI’s.
- Experience with SQL databases and reporting systems.
- Working knowledge of basic Windows Operating systems deployed in the field on turbine HMI Computers as well as the knowledge to support the imaging/cloning of site HMI computers.
- Experience with regulation and compliance requirements and processes.
- Must be open to collaboration and working in a team environment.
- An associate degree in technology is preferred but trade experience as a field technician, electrician, or similar role is also accepted.
- Experienced in writing technical/white papers.
- Experience with appropriate industry standards and regulation
- Experienced in effective communications both internally and externally including presentations and training
- Experience commissioning energy storage, renewable energy or thermal generation technologies
- Experience with interconnection applications
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)