We are seeking a full-stack Java software engineer for a direct-hire role at a company with a great mission and a welcoming work culture that values work life balance. They have great benefits and perks including 8% 401k match.
- Programs, codes, and develops software applications based on various development frameworks.
- Rewrites or reworks existing software programs based on new requirements.
- Maintains existing software programs. Troubleshoots and provides tier 3 user support for software applications.
- Gathers and documents user requirements and functional/technical specifications for software solutions as needed.
- Evaluates, installs, and performs upgrades of off-the-shelf pre-packaged software in conjunction with business requirements.
- Coordinates software development activities with infrastructure and testing staff.
- Work involves providing 24/7/365 on-call support on a rotating basis
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Preference for experience in Core Java (1.8 or above preferred)
- Preference for Java Enterprise Edition Technologies (Servlets, Filters, JSP, etc.
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis/Object Oriented Design methodologies and life cycles
- Experience with web service technologies including SOAP/REST – specifically REST API using JAXB/JAX-WS
- Good SQL understanding and scripting experience
- Knowledge of web development with Angular and/or React
- Familiar with application severs like Tomcat and/or IIS
- Familiar with Systems architecture, Computer Networking