We seek an Electrical Engineer for a high-growth leading company in renewables. This position is a crucial piece to our company and continued growth. Opportunity to work for a product leader, excellent career advancement potential, competitive compensation, and phenomenal benefits and perks. This position will be a hybrid role (3 days/week in office) in Austin, TX.
- Participate and lead meetings with customers to include project development, project review, and periodic meetings
- Develop and present solutions in support of proposals, preliminary designs, and similar endeavors
- Coordinate with clients to obtain relevant project information
- Develop complex designs to include all required documentation, including one-lines, three-lines, physical plan-views, physical elevations, grounding, schematics, wiring diagrams, bills of material, schedules, etc.
- Partner with members of the commissioning teams to enhance our brand and provide added value to the customer
- Support strategic accounts by partnering with sales, and working with Operations to enhance our technical value to the customer
- Identify opportunities and ventures into new territory, work with leaders to develop these opportunities
- Travel up to 10%
What’s in it for you |?|?|?|
- competitive salaries (base salary + bonus + relocation assistance))
- 401K with a match (4% match)
- flexible work schedule
- maternity/paternity leave
- medical and dental (Full cost paid by employer)
- Annual laptop stipend
- You will be provided with your own office (with a view)
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience as an electrical, power systems engineer or equivalent: 3+ years
- Experience with energy storage systems; 2+ years
- Familiarity with energy storage-related controls: 1+ year(s)
- Design codes, standards, and best practices
- System protection and control design
- Expertise in model-based systems/controls engineering
- Expertise in closed-loop control algorithms.
- Strong familiarity with power generation and/or grid-level control systems.
- Experience commissioning energy storage, renewable energy, or thermal generation technologies
- SCADA Engineering experience including programming and configuring protection devices, RTACs, Data Concentrators, etc.
- Experience in Energy Management Systems or other types of control systems
- Experience in product development
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation, e.g., Typhoon HIL
- Experience with interconnection applications